Friday, December 24, 2004

Day Four

Terrible news today. My mom has end stage cancer. The doctors say that she has 3-6 months left to her. I wish I could say I was desolate, but I'm not. I feel a mixture of relief and anguish, and I guess that's only natural. I realize that cancer is a very painful disease, and in that sense, I'm glad that she doesn't have much left to her, as I don't want her to suffer long. I guess all that we can do now is to make her as comfortable as possible.

Before, I held out hope that, somehow, her condition would be able to improve, and that the cancer she did have was one that could be relatively easily cured. But now, all that's changed. I've lost hope for her return to health, and now, I've got to start to come to grips with the future: life without my mom. And, with that, what happens to our family when we've lost our core?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home