Friday, December 09, 2005

Deadly business

The National Alliance on Mental Illness's comments about the shooting of Rigoberto Alpizar by air marshals is proof positive that many in our country still aren't serious about terrorism:
The National Alliance on Mental Illness called on the Air Marshal Service and other law enforcement agencies to train officers if they don't already in responding to people with severe mental illness.

Get real. The last thing I want on an airplane I'm traveling on is a person with a mental illness off his medication. It is unfortunate that he was killed, but the wife, Anne Buechner, has no one to blame but herself.

2 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger Runa said...

I think this whole business is a tragedy, because I don't think that any of the actors in the sequence of events could have acted any differently than they ended up doing.

Why are you suggesting that Anne Buechner should blame herself? Rigoberto Alpizar was a legal adult, and ultimately responsible for his own actions -- including not taking his medications.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Craptacular said...

No, Rigoberto is dead, so I can't blame him for being an idiot. I'm pre-emptively blaming Buechner because I see her suing someone in the near future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home