Saturday, April 22, 2006

New sodas

So today, while doing the laundry, I tried two new sodas (I needed the change for the laundry): Coke Blak and Diet Dr. Pepper Berries & Cream. On the whole, I thought that Coke Blak, a coffee infused Coke, had more potential. I liked the idea, but on the whole, I felt it had two problems:

1) Not enough coffee flavor
2) It was a little flat

Granted, a highly-carbonated coffee Coke wouldn't be very good, but because it didn't have a stronger coffee flavor than a cola flavor, it didn't work for me. However, if Coke rejiggers its blend to have a strong coffee flavor, I think that this drink just might work out.

Diet Dr. Pepper Berries & Cream, on the other hand, just sorta tasted like Dr. Pepper with a hint of berries. I was underwhelmed, just as I was with Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, because Dr. Pepper by itself has a strong taste that drowns out others. I think Dr. Pepper should just stick with the tried and true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home