Saturday, May 21, 2005

Koran dunking

Two thoughts regarding this article about a Koran found in a toilet at San Joaquin Delta College:

1. I'd be immediately suspicious of the person finding the book. Listen, unless you're extraordinarily sensitive about religion, calling the police about this sort of thing is not likely to be a top priority. If I were the person finding the book in a toilet, and if I did realize it was the Koran, I still would probably not take the book out of the toilet. Even if I did take the book out, I'd talk to others about what to do before I called the police. Calling the police immediately after finding and removing the book would set off alarm bells in my mind as an unlikely scenario. I wouldn't be surprised if there were an arrest, it would be the arrest of that same student who discovered the book.

2. You don't see Muslims in America jumping up and down like apes and killing people. Go figure. And really, it's not suprising because Muslims in America aren't being oppressed and they're not reading the Koran and only the Koran.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home