Monday, July 23, 2007

Paralysis

I had a weird, frightening dream last night.

Before I fell asleep, my fiancee had left the bedroom to do a little reading. Sometime later, I dreamt that I had woken up in absolute darkness, unable to move or speak. It felt as if I had a terrible magnetic attraction to the bed, so I could not rise for snapping right back into bed. All my attempts to cry out were muffled. I felt as if my fiancee were right next to me, but either ignored me or could not hear me call or feel me struggle.

Right then, I realized I was dreaming, and though usually, I could wake myself up, this time I could not. After struggling mightily to wake, I finally succeeded and started calling for my fiancee. She came rushing in to my great relief.

Bizarre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home