Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Republican debate

My take:

John McCain made the most compelling argument for why we must win the war in Iraq. Admittedly, his comments to the first question from the woman who lost her brother moved me deeply. Unfortunately, his views on immigration will cost him the shot of being President.

The winners: McCain, Romney, Giuliani, and Huckabee. Huckabee's an interesting cat. He's a little too religious for my taste, but his temperament and his intelligent responses earned him points in my book. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the look of a President.

**UPDATE 6/6/2007 7:26AM**

I just wanted to say that the most pathetic performance was surely that of Tommy Thompson. Even Ron Paul sounded more cogent that Thompson did.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home