Monday, August 15, 2005

Now we play the waiting game

Now that the Israelis have begun to vacate the Gaza strip, it is now up to the Palestinians to show that they can respond with peace. This is the ultimate litmus test.

As for myself, I have no illusions regarding the civility of the terrorists among the Palestinians. I fully expect them to continue their violent ways.

I also think that the Israeli government is playing a good game here. I believe that they're waiting to see what happens with the Palestinian attempt at self-governance. If violence against Israel continues, Israel will simply say, "See? We told you that they don't ever want peace with us." Then, with the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip isolated, Israel will be able to punish the Palestinians with impunity.

UPDATE: Seems like Gloria Salt is thinking along the same lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home